Sunday, July 20, 2008

A week that went by too quickly...

End of the week is here yet again! That means only one thing: it's gonna be 5 more days of work before the next weekend... sigh... Good thing though, that I have only 2 weeks left in my internship! Yey!

Went to eat Sushi Tei on Friday with my friend and his girlfriend and it was quite crazy. Ordered so many stuff but they ate so little so I ended up finishing most of them. There goes my resolution to diet and eat less. haha.

On Saturday, after I came home from my piano lesson, I took my uncle, who was visiting from Indonesia, to walk around Vivo City! He wanted to see many things so it was quite tiring to take him around, but it was a quite enjoyable walk since it has also been a while since went there. At night, I went to play football with my friends at Kolam Ayer CC. Man, that place is darn far away. Took the 175 bus from West Coast Road and the journey took me around more than one hour! haha. Upon reaching there, it started to rain, and I was worried that I went there for nothing, but luckily, after half an hour, the rain stopped an we played till around 10pm. haha. first time playing football at night but it was fun!

After eating in Lavender, I decided to go home but I couldn't find a direct bus so I decided to just walk around in the area to see if there were any bus that goes directly to my house. Man, this was probably the dumbest thing I have done recently =_=. The thing was that I had no money in my wallet cause I have not gone to the ATM to withdraw, and I realised that I had no money left in my EZ Link card. And it was in Lavender! I mean, there weren't any POSB or DBS ATM nearby so I thought I cannot get some money for me to take a taxi. So I decided to walk for around 20 minutes to get to the nearest MRT station, which was Ferrer Park MRT. After topping up my EZ Link, I took the train to Harbor Front. This was the start of a loong night. haha.

Upon reaching at Harbor Front, I headed towards the bus interchange, hoping that I could catch the last 188 bus home. Upon reaching, I realised I just missed it by 15 minutes, so I decided to take a taxi home. However, I soon realised that I still had no money in my wallet so I decided to look for an ATM. First, I went to Harbor Front centre. However, when I reached there, the building was dark and no one was inside so I assumed it was closed already. Then, tried my luck at Vivo City. When I reached there, all the shops are closed, and there were only few people that were making their way out after watching movies in the cinema. I remembered that there was a POSB branch on the second floor near the annex connecting to the Harbor Front terminal so I made my way there, but when I got there, I realised that the ATM is on the Harbor Front side of the building, so there was a steel gate blocking my way. I decided to go to the third floor, then first floor, then finally basement, to look around an ATM but after walking around and around and around for 30 minutes, I still cannot find a DBS or POSB Atm (I even tried UOB and Standard Chartered ATM out of desperation. haha.)

My feet tired from playing football and with bruises between my legs from walking around too much, I decided to go back to Harbor Front centre to try my luck. This time, although the building was dark, I saw that the enterance is still opened so I decided to go in and look for the POSB branch. "Yes! Finally I can withdraw some money and go home!", I thought. Making my way through the dark, empty mall, I was really annoyed when I found out that the electricity to the ATM machines were all cut off so none of them were working. =_=... so I went out from the building, hoping that I could find an ATM soon.

Exiting the building, I saw a couple of guards talking to each other, so I approached them to ask for directions. They told me that there is another ATM at the back of some building and because I was tired, I didn't listen to their explanation properly and decided to walk towards what I thought was the right direction. Ended up going waaaaay off the place where I was supposed to go and I was walking around aimlessly for the next 30 minutes =_=... then my mom called me to ask me where I was and why I was not home yet. When I told her that I was still trying to find an ATM she laughed at me and said taht I could just use my ATM card to pay for the taxi ride. =_=" =_=.... =_=..........?!?! "OH YEAH I COULD DO THAT!" I shouted in my head. So I flagged a cab, got on, and went home feeling like an idiot. =_=

Had nothing to do today so I decided to take a walk around Orchard Road while listening to music. It was quite a refreshing walk on a Sunday afternoon while thinking about stuff that has been bothering me for the past week. Walked to Liang Court in Clarke Quay from Orchard to look around for Japanes food at the basement. Ended up eating the Rosu Katsu Curry and it didn't taste bad at all! Not as good as I expected but it was worth a try. haha. So with stomach full, heart refreshed and feeling happy, I made my way home on a bus 33 while listening to some nice songs from my handphone.

No comments: