Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happiness?

Just came back from my Japanese Lesson from Bugis, which was quite a waste of time because I knew what was being taught in class beforehand. Took the 33 bus home and when I reached home, I was greeted by my parents who have just come back from Taiwan. They bought me a pair of new jeans (why jeans?! I have lots of jeans!) and some kind of tofu with bee hoon inside it, eaten with a sweet and sour sauce. O_o ate it straight away because I was so hungry haha..

~~~~~

Umm... what's happiness?

Happiness to me can be many things, from something very simple to something very meaningful in my life.

Tired and hungry after a long day of school, happiness can just be one bowl of noodle away. Walking in Orchard Road with Old Chang Kee in my mouth and music in my ears on a windy afternoon is also one of the things that make me happy. Playing football with friends that I have not seen in ages can also bring me happiness. Pretty much, I am happy with most things that I come across in my life.

Of course, those happiness can be considered to be something trivial, and surely there is something that makes me much happier than a bowl of noodle on a hungry day. I kept thinking and thinking, trying to find out what actually makes me the happiest, but the longer the time I take to think, the more confused I was to find the true meaning of my happiness. "What is happiness to me?" I kept repeating in my mind, but I just can't seem to find the answer. So then, failing to find any answer in my mind, I decided to search somewhere else, and slowly, I started to look into my heart for an answer. Could my happiness lie in my heart? Before I realised, I was already taken two years back into time...

Two years ago, at the end of my high school year, I went for a trip with many friends to Bali, to celebrate the end of school, and to say our final goodbyes before some of us go abroad to continute with their studies. There were about 10 of us, and between the ten of them was one person that was very important to me. As we were walking around the city to find good food and to shop, each time I see her with a smile on her face, my whole body just started to be filled with a warm feeling. Each time she turns around to talk to me, my heart just started beating so quickly, making me nervous but nevertheless overflowed with joy. Certainly, those moments gave me much more happiness than a bowl of noodle.

So what is happiness to me? Well, I am not too sure if you guys agree with me, and I am sure happiness differes from person to person. Well, I am not really used to saying mushy things, but if I had to say what makes me the happiest...

It's the smile of the person I love.

~~~~~
Weekend is coming soon, but I am really not looking forward to it. haha.. Lots of assignments and readings to be completed! Hate school, haha.. but Chinese New Year is just around the corner and I would be going to Macau for school trip soon, so at least I have something to look forward to o_O.
~~~~~
Joke of the Day:

Little Mary was not the best student in Sunday School. Usually she slept through the class. One day the teacher called on her while she was napping, ''Tell me, Mary, who created the universe?'' When Mary didn't stir, little Johnny, an altruistic boy seated in the chair behind her, took a pin and jabbed her in the rear. ''God Almighty !'' shouted Mary and the teacher said, ''Very good'' and Mary fell back to sleep. A while later the teacher asked Mary, ''Who is our Lord and Savior?'' But Mary didn't even stir from her slumber. Once again, Johnny came to the rescue and stuck her again. ''Jesus Christ!'' shouted Mary and the teacher said, ''Very good,'' and Mary fell back to sleep. Then the teacher asked Mary a third question, ''What did Eve say to Adam after she had her twenty-third child?'' And again, Johnny jabbed her with the pin. This time Mary jumped up and shouted, ''If you stick that damn thing in me one more time, I'll break it in half!'' The Teacher fainted.

No comments: