Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008!

Happy new year!

Well, I think it would be appropriate to start with some new year resolutions that I have came up with for the year 2008... here goes:
  1. Being alive till 2009.
  2. Get GPA of at least 3.4 this sem.
  3. Learn to spend less and save up more.
  4. Accepts the love that's gone, forget about it, and find a new one.
  5. Play less and concentrate more on studies.
  6. Lose weight, grow muscle, and keep weight at below 75kg.
  7. Eat less

The last time I made any resolutions were last year, and I gave up on them exactly one week after making them, so I hope this time I would stick to my resolutions for at least a longer time.. haha.. =_=

~~~~~

Last night, dreamt of someone I thought I've forgotten, and it kinda disturbed me quite a bit. Does a dream really tells one's true desire? She was sitting beside me with a smile on her face, and we were joking around with each other while sitting on a windy grassland.

One year ago, I promised myself that I would completely forget about her, and I spent each day trying to occupy my mind with something else so that I don't think about her all the time. I thought I was doing pretty well, didn't really think about her much anymore, and in fact, I was interested with another girl at school few months back. Slowly, I told myself that she hold no significance in my life, and I tried carrying out my life as normally as I could.

When Christmas came, I knew that my friends would be coming from overseas to meet each other at Singapore, and I also knew that she would be coming back as well. Strangely enough, my efforts for the past year seemed to have been futile, because just by having a thought of possibly meeting her again gave me the same feeling that I had three years ago, the feeling of when I fell in love with her.

I started asking myself questions: Am I really useless against my past, so much so that I am doing myself no good for my future? How long would I continue to think about someone that I cannot obtain? Would this cycle keep repeating as the year pass? What do I really want?

First Love is a strange thing that binds its victim for decades to come. Failure to obtain the First Love translates to a lifetime of pain and a longing for a false hope that will never knock on the doorstep. I asked myself once again, Does a dream really tells one's desire? Seems like I would just have to live my life to find the answer to that question.

~~~~~

Cooked mapo tofu today for lunch. My uncle said it was nice, but my little cousins didnt like it too much cuz it was spicy.. haha.. =_= Gonna cook them something nice tomorrow I guess :)

~~~~~

Joke of the Day:
A little boy wrote to Santa ...


One day, a little boy wrote to Santa Clause, "Please send me a sister." Santa Clause wrote him back, "Ok, send me your mother."

No comments: